Monday, December 24, 2012

Van Gogh: Painted with Words

Van Gogh: Painted with Words is a BBC drama-documentary presented by Alan Yentob, with Benedict Cumberbatch in the lead role as Van Gogh. This is the story of Vincent Van Gogh, with dialogue sourced from his own words. Every word spoken by the actors in this film is sourced from the letters that Van Gogh sent to his younger brother Theo, and of those around him. What emerges is a complex portrait of a sophisticated, civilised and yet tormented man.



Related Links:
Vincent: The Full Story
Simon Scham's Power of Art - Van Gogh

4 comments:

  1. Beautifully made film. Thank you for creating this site, and offering such films free.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed this immensely. If you like art, Van Gogh or Benedict Cumberbatch you'll love this movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to seeing it. I hope you'll take a look at my film. Here's the trailer: https://vimeo.com/ondemand/theeyesofvangogh

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to see it! Where can I buy access to see this video?

    ReplyDelete